KDE Integration for LibO 3.4.2

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
kayvee

KDE Integration for LibO 3.4.2

Post by kayvee »

I installed Libreoffice 3.4.2 using the deb installation file downloaded from libreoffice.org
After installing it, my LibreOffice windows, buttons, etc look ugly and unusable. I already installed the libreoffice-desktop-integration package. Is there any other package specific for KDE integration too? LibreOffice 3.3.x installed using the LibreOffice PPA works without any issues... it is only the 3.4.2 deb package downloaded from libreoffice.org that lacks KDE integration.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: KDE Integration

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
kayvee

Re: KDE Integration for LibO 3.4.2

Post by kayvee »

Villeroy - thank you for the suggestion. But, as I mentioned in my previous email, I already installed the "libreoffice3.4-debian-menus_3.4-203_all.deb" package. I have the menus working without any issues. It is how the windows appear that is I am having trouble with. Please see the image below:
LibreOffice Window Theme.png
LibreOffice 3.4.2 on MacOS 10.7, LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Kubuntu 11.04
RGB

Post by RGB »

"Desktop integration" package only provide menu entries and file association. KDE integration is provided by libobasis3.4-kde-integration... package and by one or more "core" packages that provides the VCL plugin for Qt.
BTW, KDE integration is working here: colours, icons... only the file picker is missing.
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can have a look to this one perhaps: [Solved] OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP for dark themes. Try to play with the different parameters (Google may give you other possibilities for the setting IIRC).

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
kayvee

Post by kayvee »

Thank you for your answers.
RGB wrote:"Desktop integration" package only provide menu entries and file association. KDE integration is provided by libobasis3.4-kde-integration... package and by one or more "core" packages that provides the VCL plugin for Qt.
BTW, KDE integration is working here: colours, icons... only the file picker is missing.
There is a package of the name "libobasis3.4-kde-integration_3.4.2-203_amd64.deb" in the DEBS folder which I think I already installed (because I executed the command sudo dpkg -i *.deb) Apart from that, I am not sure which other package is required for it.
Hagar de l'Est wrote:You can have a look to this one perhaps: [Solved] OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP for dark themes. Try to play with the different parameters (Google may give you other possibilities for the setting IIRC).

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
I took a look at the post you are referring to. However, I don't have the same problem as they do. My issue is with how the buttons, etc look... I am not entirely sure how to explain it.

I uninstalled LibreOffice 3.4.2 and reinstalled LibreOffice 3.3.3 from the PPA. Now, the windows look as expected. I will post a screenshot once I get home. That should help differentiate what I was expecting and what I saw. There is one thing though that I did in addition when I was installed LibO from the PPA. When I was installing, apt-get suggested I install a bunch of other packages in addition which I did as follows:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install myspell-en-us libreoffice-gnome libreoffice-kde openclipart-libreoffice pstoedit libreoffice-filter-binfilter libreoffice-officebean libmyodbc odbc-postgresql libsqliteodbc tdsodbc mdbtools libreoffice-gcj libreoffice-report-builder libreoffice-style-hicontrast libreoffice-style-tango libreoffice-style-crystal libreoffice-style-oxygen bsh kde-icons-crystal crystalcursors mythes-en-us libreoffice-help-en-us
Deb file downloaded from libreoffice.org does not seem to have those additional packages - may be they are specific to (K)ubuntu?

UPDATE: This is how LibO 3.3.3 looks on the exact same computer:
LibreOffice Window Theme 2.png
LibreOffice 3.4.2 on MacOS 10.7, LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Kubuntu 11.04