[Solved] Templates2 Extension with LibreOffice

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
John99

[Solved] Templates2 Extension with LibreOffice

Post by John99 »

I am a total newbie to using these, as I do have other WPs available; but I do like the idea or trying to use Open Source software.

I tried to install the template Pack2 Extension ( Sun_ODF_Template_Pack2_en-US-1.oxt )
I think I obtained that from a link originating in libre Office. It has apparently installed but does not work.

I did see the EULA, and it appears in the LibreOffice Extension Manager, however I do not seem to see the expected templates. I did download this from the OOo site (although I think the link originated in LibreOffice)
Is this a Sun extension that will not work with LibreOffice or should it work ?

I also have OOo and I have successfully installed this extension on OOo. Generally do OOo extensions work with Libre office ?

Any advice or tips welcome, Thanks in advance.
 Edit: PS thanks for marking it solved, I was forgetting that is etiquette on this forum 
Last edited by John99 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LibreOffice 3.3 OOo 3.3 on Windows XP
therabi
Volunteer

Re: Templates2 Extension with Libre Office

Post by therabi »

Unless there have been big changes templates should work in Liberoffice as well. This one does not seem to work in either, here.
OpenOffice.org v3.3, LibO v3.32 on Ubuntu 10.10 and Win7
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Templates2 Extension with Libre Office

Post by Bill »

It works for me with LO 3.3.3 on Vista. Installation was successful by double-clicking the downloaded file and by using the Add button in the Extension Manager.
acknak

Re: Templates2 Extension with LibreOffice

Post by acknak »

Works for me, also; LibO 3.4 on Fedora Linux 13.

The new templates are found under File > New > Templates and Documents > Templates
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
John99

Post by John99 »

Thanks for all the replies.

The new templates extension is now working in both OOo and LO. :knock: Not sure what the problem was and why I could use it in OOo but not LO. Do extensions need a restart of LO before they become active, even when they are visible in the extensions manager ?

I can think of another question about extensions, but I will have a quick search before deciding whether I need to post a question. I have now updated OOo to 3.3 hopefully OOo & LO are very similar & so answers relating to OOo are likely to be relevant to Lo queries.
LibreOffice 3.3 OOo 3.3 on Windows XP
acknak

Post by acknak »

John99 wrote:... Do extensions need a restart of LO before they become active ...
None that I've used needed a restart.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23