Mouse not working after LibreOffice 3.4.0 install

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
LostOverThere

Mouse not working after LibreOffice 3.4.0 install

Post by LostOverThere »

Hello,

I recently installed LibreOffice 3.4.0 and as soon as I finished installing it, my mouse touchpad on my laptop went dead and wont work at all. Bam, no working mouse. This happened as I was installing the .debs located in the desktop-integration/ folder of the Libre Office 3.4 install. The laptop is a new Dell Inspiron.

Keyboard and everything is working fine, but the mouse just sits on the middle of the screen and wont budge at all.

What part of the 3.4.0 install could be causing this?

Thanks in Advance.
LibreOffice 3.4 on Linux (Ubuntu 11.04, x64)
RoryOF

Re: Mouse not working after LibreOffice 3.4.0 install

Post by RoryOF »

Try rebooting your computer (Power down, then wait about ten seconds before Power up).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
LostOverThere

Post by LostOverThere »

Hey RoryOF, thanks for the reply.

I've tried that a few times, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling LibreOffice, and resetting BIOS settings to defaults. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I'd use Synaptic to remove LibreOffice, reboot computer, then reinstall with Synaptic. You might also Google to see if there are known problems with Dells and LibreOffice - as far as I remember some Dells can be troublesome with Ubuntu.
LostOverThere

Post by LostOverThere »

RoryOF wrote:I'd use Synaptic to remove LibreOffice, reboot computer, then reinstall with Synaptic. You might also Google to see if there are known problems with Dells and LibreOffice - as far as I remember some Dells can be troublesome with Ubuntu.
Tried this with no success unfortunately (I also reinstalled every component associated with LibreOffice). I'll look into Dell specific problems.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Another path to try might be to uninstall your mouse/trackpad, then reinstall it. If you have a spare mouse, plug it into a USB port and see if that works. It would allow you have some semblance of normal usage while you sort out the problem.