[Solved] Defunct extensions

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
Akram

[Solved] Defunct extensions

Post by Akram »

My editing work in LibreOffice depended quite a bit on four extensions, none of which now work. This has really reduced the attractiveness of LibreOffice for me, and after nearly 20 years as a user (starting with OpenOffice), I am wondering whether it is time to look for something else. The four extensions are (or were):
  • Pepito Cleaner - there is a purported fork of this, but when I try to load it I get the message: Add Extension(s):
    C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu52722ntxb3.tmp_\PepitoCleaner.oxt does not exist.
  • Template Changer - I get the same message: Add Extension(s):
    C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu4624188a.tmp_\TemplateChanger-L-2.0.1.oxt does not exist.
  • AltSearch - same: Add Extension(s):
    C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu644085n9ey.tmp_\AltSearch.oxt does not exist.
  • MultiFormatSave - and again: Add Extension(s):
    C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu526085fo22.tmp_\multiFormatSave_v1-5-6.oxt does not exist.
If anyone can identify from these messages that there is something wrong with my set-up or process, I would be really glad to hear about it.
Last edited by Akram on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
LibreOffice 7.1.5.2 64-bit on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Defunct extensions

Post by Zizi64 »

Try to reset the User Profile of the LibreOffice and reinstall the extensions.

Search the Extensions webpage for some informations: maybe some Extensions are not maintanced for the newer versions of the LibreOffice. In this case you can
- wait for a newe version of the Extension, or
- use the older version of the LibreOffice what the Extension worked with.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I just installed the winPenPack version of the portable LO 7.1.5 x64 onto my Win10x64, and the extension AltSearch 1.4.2. version: It works for me.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I use the portable version of LO on my Windows 10 machine and sometimes I experience such issue, usually after a crash or a non-responsive LO that I've to kill (it may be linked to the security applications on my system).
Once I got fed up reinstalling them (and the various customization of my profile), I decided to back-up the whole profile (but the /backup folder, even if empty in my case), thus, when it happens, I just retrieve the whole thing and that's all.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Akram

Post by Akram »

Fantastic result: all four extensions are installed again. Thank you for the suggestions.

The solution was to ditch the old user profile and start again. The relatively small downside is that I now have to fiddle with my toolbars to get them the way I like, but I am happy to do that for the benefits of getting my working environment back. I think I might trial the portable version on the desktop SSD.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [SOLVED] Defunct extensions

Post by Villeroy »

Instead of fiddling, I would try to replace the config subdirectory of your new profile with the one from the old profile. This is the place where UI customizations are stored. Always keep a backup of whatever you replace.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Akram

Re: [SOLVED] Defunct extensions

Post by Akram »

That is good to know. Thank you. In the mean time, I decided that the default layouts are not so bad after all. I may just slowly customise from the default settings, as the whim takes me.