LibreOffice not saving bookmarks in html that Apache does

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
PeaceByJesus

LibreOffice not saving bookmarks in html that Apache does

Post by PeaceByJesus »

I use OpenOffice 4.1.7 as well as LibreOffice 7.0.3.1 (I like the extended background color options in the latter though I do not like some of the other changes), however one difference that I just discovered is that if I edit a html doc in LOo and save it as such then it looses the bookmarks. I tried adding them all again (copy the text and add it to bookmarks, open the hyperlink dialog and hit document and Target in document and click on the bookmark and hit Apply) and which works, but when i save it again as html and reopen it (including in a browser) then the bookmarks do not work, and are not even listed in the bookmarks. However, this procedure always worked in OpenOffice (with a whole web site using them), and if i open a back up copy of the same html document that LOo did not edit then the bookmarks work.

Now (before anyone tells me) i do know that both give the dire warning that some formatting will not be retained if saving a doc other than as a ODT, but bookmarks have always worked with Apache Open office. And even though OOo is not supposed to excel as a html editor, It has overall worked good for me but now I am wary of using LOo to edit html docs. (but I thank God for those who provide both).
Last edited by PeaceByJesus on Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 3 3200G CPU; 64GB RAM
Grace and peace thru Jesus the Lord. peacebyjesus.net (pages created in Open office)
Hagar Delest

Re: LibreOffice not saving bookmarks in html that Apache doe

Post by Hagar Delest »

Why use AOO or LO for that?
Can't you use a dedicated application to handle HTML?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
PeaceByJesus

Post by PeaceByJesus »

Thanks but I have tried some freeware ones but found OpenOffice to be the best WYSIWYG. Superior actually for formatting.
Grace and peace thru Jesus the Lord. peacebyjesus.net (pages created in Open office)
PeaceByJesus

Post by PeaceByJesus »

Same issue with losing internal bookmarks occurs in another html document (http://peacebyjesus.net/WorshipHymns2.html - classic hymns). Over 100 Bookmarks worked in LO, both to numbered tables as well as sections therein, but after uploading most do not work (why some do and others do not is the mystery). I have spend hours adding them again, and seeing them work on LO on my PC, but then most fail to work once uploaded. I do not use forbidden characters, and under Option>Load save as relative as well as absolute is checked. If I open the same document in Apache Oo then I find that many bookmarks are missing so that I need to make or add them, and that formatting is changed, so that many sections have paragraph borders which I had removed in LO, while most table borders are missing , which I had added in LO. Which evidences some degree of incompatibility btwn the two. The AOo version is http://peacebyjesus.net/WorshipHymns.html if anyone is interested.
YODA

Re: LibreOffice not saving bookmarks in html that Apache does

Post by YODA »

try http://www.bluegriffon.org for a free WYSIWYG HTML Editor
Openoffice4.16 on windows 10 Libreoffice Version: 6.1.3.2 (x64)