Want document to open where I left off

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
asfaewfawe

Want document to open where I left off

Post by asfaewfawe »

Libre office, windows 10. I've entered my name/credentials, but it still opens the document from the top. How do I get it to open the document at where I was last viewing, like openoffice does?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from Writer forum to LibreOffice
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Want document to open where I left off

Post by Zizi64 »

It works for me with the native fileformat documents.
Use the native, International Standard ODF file formats.

Your signature is:
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Start OpenOffice: in Tools /Options /OpenOffice :General enter a name and initials. Now OO knows who has opened a document and remembers the location.

For Mac Users' information: On a Mac, Options and remainder of the path is under preferences.

One may need to restart OO to get this change to take effect, I'm not certain, but it won't hurt to do so.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Rory: The poster specifies that they want it to work in LibreOffice the same as in OpenOffice.
They know it works in OpenOffice.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Are you saving in Open Document Format, e.g. .odt? A quick experiment shows that LO (version 6.0.7.3) won't return to the last point of editing before a save when saving the file as .docx.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

RusselB wrote:Rory: The poster specifies that they want it to work in LibreOffice the same as in OpenOffice.
They know it works in OpenOffice.
The OP might not have known how it was set up in OpenOffice - the OO might have been installed by a third party.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If .docx format in LibreOffice won't return to the editing point when file is reopened, a workaround is, before file closure, to /Insert /Comment, and on opening the file use the Navigator, clicking on the Comment; this will take you immediately to that point.

Alternately, work in .odt format, and if a .docx is required, Save As the finished document in that format.