Corrupted file (.xlsm)

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.

Corrupted file (.xlsm)

Postby voldem » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi!

In attached file lines from 38 to 121 are almost w/o data. But there were data before saving the file. Saved file and backup file are the same. With corrupted data. Is there any chance to recover file? PLS help. I will very apprechiate.
Attachments
КрДостоприм3.xlsm
(33.87 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
voldem

Re: SOS! PLS HELP! Corrupted file

Postby FJCC » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:21 am

I looked at the content.xml file within your file and I do not see any data beyond what is visible when I open your file with OpenOffice. Maye someone else knows more than me but I believe your data are gone.
AOO 3.4 or 4.1 on MS Windows XP ( before 2013-08-03) or Windows 7
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Postby RoryOF » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:31 am

I looked at the innards of the file; the data is there, but I don't know enough about the internal structure of a spreadsheet file to attempt repair.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Xubuntu 18.04 (mostly 64 bit version) and infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby Villeroy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:34 am

=COUNTA(A1:L121) => 345
with LibreOffice 5.4
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, OpenOffice 4.x & LibreOffice 6.x
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby voldem » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:42 am

RoryOF wrote:I looked at the innards of the file; the data is there, but I don't know enough about the internal structure of a spreadsheet file to attempt repair.

Columns from A to L, Lines from 1 to 121, LibreOffice 5.4. Its very simple spreadshit. If it possible to put data even in new sheet without formatiing. It would be great.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
voldem

Postby Villeroy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:57 am

It was an Excel sheet with macros. Microsoft Excel Viewer can't open this particular file. I would think it is corrupted one way or the other.
xlsm is one of the most convoluted and complex file formats ever. It is impossible that this is a very simple spreadsheet.
If it possible to put data even in new sheet without formatiing. It would be great.

Copy, Edit>Paste-special text. There is not a single number in this calculation sheet.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby voldem » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:15 am

Villeroy wrote:It was an Excel sheet with macros. Microsoft Excel Viewer can't open this particular file. I would think it is corrupted one way or the other.
xlsm is one of the most convoluted and complex file formats ever. It is impossible that this is a very simple spreadsheet.
If it possible to put data even in new sheet without formatiing. It would be great.

Copy, Edit>Paste-special text. There is not a single number in this calculation sheet.

I dont understand ( it it possible to recover any data in lines 38-121? copy/paste doesn't work (
voldem

Postby Villeroy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:37 am

There are 345 text values in A1:L121. That's all.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby RoryOF » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 am

voldem wrote:
RoryOF wrote:I looked at the innards of the file; the data is there, but I don't know enough about the internal structure of a spreadsheet file to attempt repair.

Columns from A to L, Lines from 1 to 121, LibreOffice 5.4. Its very simple spreadshit. If it possible to put data even in new sheet without formatiing. It would be great.

I can't do it - at present I have limited close-up vision post cataract operations and am managing with ad-hoc close up spectacles, pending receiving prescription glasses for close-up; This limits my computer and detailed work.

Use a zip utility to unzip the .xlsm file, and examine sheet1.xls which you will find within it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Xubuntu 18.04 (mostly 64 bit version) and infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Return to LibreOffice