[Example] Survey

Some examples to be used directly
Forum rules
No question in this section please
For any question related to a topic, create a new thread in the relevant section.
RPG
Volunteer

[Example] Survey

Post by RPG »

Hello

On the other forum was a question about a survey. There I can place here more easy a file I use this forum.

I have make an example only for the idea. I use some macros in this example but only few macros. The purpose of this macros is only
a) goto other form and open this form
b) We can be sure the form is showing the good data
c) Storing a value in a dummy table

When you want use this example, be sure you use on some place the same names I do in this example.
When you want use other names then adjust some thing in the macro part.

This example is not used but only an idea what maybe can work. The purpose of the example is when you have several tables and forms you can switch from one form documentto the next form document.

For understanding forms study this.

Romke
Attachments
survey01.odb
Using several form documents.
(49.75 KiB) Downloaded 1781 times
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Survey

Post by Villeroy »

The problem with this sequence of forms (and the reason why I avoid certain macros like the pest) is that it gives totally unexpected results on my system.
First screenshot shows the start form:
Start.png
Second screenshot shows the window which pops up when I hit the "Next" button:
Next.png
And finally the form that pops up when I hit the "Previous" button and click on the displayed name:
Previous.png
Adjusting the zoom factor makes no difference.
The forms look OK in design view.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello Villeroy

I don't know the reason of the error. It can be that I use the Novell version of OOo3.2.1.
On this moment I think it is not the problem of the macros but I cannot proof that.
What I see: that the listbox I use there is not the same in your version and in my version.
But I hope that the idea what I give can work for other people when they use it in there own design.

On this moment I have no time to see what is the real error.

Romke
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

You are right. The problem is not related to the macro. It occurs when I open the 2 forms by double-click with all macros disabled. The forms load just fine for editing and they are usable when I turn off edit mode.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

I tested only, no macro knowledge.

I opened your file with macro allowed, in OOo 3.3RC7 on win7, and the two forms open in same state as Villeroy, screenshots shows, In edit mode opens without problem.

In second case I opened macros disallowed, in edit mode opens as in second screenshot.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello

I think it is not nice what happens. But I think this is more a problem of the difference in versions we use. I'm afraid we can see it more when there comes OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice. Why do I think this: In the version I use I have seen they give more properties to the model. This means you can more easy change the size of the control with macro or in edit mode. I hope this problem is over in a newer version.

The problem makes also clear that you must be carefull when you choose a version when you do a great project. I, as home user, can be less carefull and use OOo3.2.1 but maybe this version is not good enough for people with important data.

The thread is more as an idea how you can use more forms for inputting. This was an answer on a thread of the other forum and I have seen this question more. Sometime person want use OOo-base for a big table with lots of fields. The fields can be in one table or in more tables. This idea with some macros but the most information is in the controls in the forms. So the macro can be used without changing them.

I hope this idea can work and also is easy for people to understand.
I will end with saying thank to Villeroy and r4zoli for pointing to the problem but I have the idea I can not change it on this moment. In a next post I can be explain some other thing about the idea.

Romke