Impress (PowerPoint) Image Insert Bug

Discuss the presentation application
missedstitches

Impress (PowerPoint) Image Insert Bug

Post by missedstitches »

This is infuriating! While trying to create a slide show, I already have text boxes on the current slide but when I try to insert an image, it goes right into the text box.. WHERE I DON'T WANT IT...

I have tried clicking and dragging multiple times OUTSIDE the text boxes and on the empty space of the slide, but that doesn't appear to fix it.

I have also searched the internet and these forums and found that no one else seems to be having this issue....
Shelly @ Missed Stitches
Open Office 4.1.6 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Impress (PowerPoint) Image Insert Bug

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload an ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

An inserted image will go into a text box or frame where the cursor currently is positioned. Make sure that a frame is not active when you Insert a picture.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
missedstitches

Post by missedstitches »

To RoryOF: As I said in my initial post, I put my cursor in open space of the slide, clicked, double clicked, even clicked and dragged my cursor to insure I didn't have a text box active. That doesn't work.

To Xixi64: My file is private. It is meant for purchase only. Is there no other way you can tell me why this issue is happening?

So far, the only fix I have is deleting the text box that that image is trying to go into, insert the image, then re-type the text box. Which is VERY annoying....
Shelly @ Missed Stitches
Open Office 4.1.6 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Make sure you have selected the Selection cursor from the Drawing toolbar which should be at the bottom of the Impress screen by default (If not /View /Toolbars and check Drawing Toolbar). The Selection cursor is the upward arrow button at extreme left of that toolbar.

You could make a small sample file for upload.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

To Xixi64: My file is private. It is meant for purchase only. Is there no other way you can tell me why this issue is happening?
Just create a small sample file with minimal informations. We not need your whole project, but we can guessing only without a sample file.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.