[Solved] Creating black page

Discuss the presentation application
Wthwolf

[Solved] Creating black page

Post by Wthwolf »

I am trying to create a presentation that contains Hymns (words only) for church service. Between each hymn slide I am trying to create a black slide as the hymns are not sung one right after another. For some reason i click on fill and nothing happens. I can do this in PowerPoint but cannot do it in Impress. Is there something special I have to do to fill a blank slide with black?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
using Open office 4.1.6 on windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Creating black page

Post by RoryOF »

Click on Fill, then select Color from the dropdown, then Black. Works for me.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Wthwolf

Post by Wthwolf »

That's my problem, it doesn't work for me!
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I've just done this on another computer, using a different operating system - so it works identically on Windows and linux:
/Format /Page : Background tab, select Color from the Fill dropdown, then select the desired colour from the list, click on OK. Answer "No" to "Apply to all pages" query that pops up.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Wthwolf

Post by Wthwolf »

RoryOF thank you , that works like a charm. I had been playing around and also found that if if you used a blank slide and then went to the bottom of the page and clicked on rectangle and fitted it to the page, you could then clicked on fill and chose black it would come up with a black page also. Like your way better. I just don't have the experience with impress.