Corrupt LibreOffice Impress document

Discuss the presentation application
Cylby66

Corrupt LibreOffice Impress document

Post by Cylby66 »

While working on my impress document the electricity suddenly fell out. When restating my computer and trying to open the document, it would only open in Libre Office writer and with xml terms. I would like to know if this document can be recovered because it took me a long time to make it. The corrupt file is the following "Christiaan 80 años.mproj" and I have changed the ending to ODP so that I could attache it.
Attachments
Christiaan 80 años - copia.odp
A picture power point
(116.28 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
LibreOffice 6.1.0.3 x64 on Windows 10.0
floris v
Volunteer

Re: corrupt LibreOffice Impress document

Post by floris v »

Confirmed. It looks like the content.xml file that contains the most important information in an OO file. I suppose that Tools - Options - Open/Save - Save autorecovery data is off, or you would be offered a chance to recover the data. There may be something left in a temp folder in your user profile, click here for help with that.
It may be possible to restore must of the file by some clever xml hacking, but I leave that to the experts here.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I had a quick try, with no success. Something about the .xml content looks strange to me - was it originally an .odp document? It desn't look like one. Why the .mproj extension?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Oops, it isn't valid AOO XML, but it looks well enough in a simple text editor with syntax highlighting.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

.mproj extension seems to be some form of video presentation.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
YODA

Re: Corrupt LibreOffice Impress document

Post by YODA »

According to Google .mproj is a Mine-imator file for Minecraft animation Projects.
Openoffice4.16 on windows 10 Libreoffice Version: 6.1.3.2 (x64)