Page 1 of 1

[Solved] A .ppt file which I saved with AOO fails to open

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 am
by daniel4kh
OpenOffice 4.1.5 user with windows 7 32bits. Using impress and saved in ".ppt" format.
Now one of them fails right after open, though I could open it with MS power point viewer.
All cache clear didn't work with this trouble.
I am using Khmer characters with it, could this be the cause?

Re: A .ppt file which I saved with openoffice fails to open

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:22 am
by RoryOF
Is there any error message?

You could try Selecting All in Powerpoint viewer, then pasting it into a new OO Impress file. Save it under another name, so you do not destroy your original.

Re: A .ppt file which I saved with openoffice fails to open

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:50 am
by daniel4kh
I am using it in Japanese setting, but contents are English and Khmer.
"OpenOffice 4.1.5 stopped operating" in Japanese appears in the middle of "PowerPoint import."
Do these help?

問題イベント名: BEX
アプリケーション名: soffice.bin
アプリケーションのバージョン: 4.0.9789.500
アプリケーションのタイムスタンプ: 5a2f1a11
障害モジュールの名前: MSVCR90.dll
障害モジュールのバージョン: 9.0.30729.6161
障害モジュールのタイムスタンプ: 4dace5b9
例外オフセット: 0006ccd5
例外コード: c0000417
例外データ: 00000000
OS バージョン: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
ロケール ID: 1041
追加情報 1: 9196
追加情報 2: 9196d1e88393f598cd1c0df0543eaf59
追加情報 3: 29ed
追加情報 4: 29edc6defb643f04ac9ac0ce17e7f97c

Re: A .ppt file which I saved with openoffice fails to open

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:18 pm
by John_Ha
Upload the file showing the problem so that it can be analysed.

Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max) or use a file share site, Dropbox or Google Drive for a larger file.

Re: A .ppt file which I saved with openoffice fails to open

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm
by daniel4kh
Thank you for your assistance, for compatibility purpose I have been trying to use .ppt format.
This time I have fixed the problem using MS PowerPoint by opening the file and saving in an another name.
And then I've found the minor problem with the table; the unnecessary cell spacing is added.
I want to find out how Khmer characters affect OpenOffice stability later.
But I will use .odp format for a while.

The contents are not appropriate to go outside, so I cannot attach this file.

In any way the problem is solved for now, thank you.
And please let me know if I should change this thread status "closed."