[Solved] No content visible in slideshow

Discuss the presentation application
hurdygurdy

[Solved] No content visible in slideshow

Post by hurdygurdy »

Hello, newbie to OO and this forum here. I have a slideshow that was originally a .ppt but has been saved as an .odp and edited within OpenOffice. Everything is working nicely but when I attempt to view the slideshow, all I can see is a blank slide with the chosen background style, originally chosen in Powerpoint. I can navigate with arrows but nothing else shows. After searching this forum I have tried unchecking hardware acceleration under graphics output but this is not checked AND greyed out (could that be part of the issue?). I would have liked to just work around with Powerpoint viewer, as recommended here, but it was retired April 2018. I created a new .odp from within OO to create the sample, and pasted a slide from the original into it. Same problem . File attached.
Attachments
Problem slide example.odp
(51.9 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Last edited by hurdygurdy on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
In gratitude,
Running
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
OpenOffice 4.1.5
RoryOF

Re: No content visible in slideshow

Post by RoryOF »

A very quick and not very satisfactory reply: if you pull the text "New Slide created in this document" on slide 2 to one side, so that it is half on half off the slide and do a slide show, you will see that the half of that text on the slide is hiding behind the inner white rectangle, that bounded by the fine black line. I have fiddled around but cannot find any way to select that white rectangle, let alone delete it.

I think you should change your master background, initially to a plain background, and leave the content alone. By the way, in your notes "it's" in that context does not use an apostrophe.
 Edit: Later: any attempt to change the master page used causes my OpenOffice Impress to crash. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
hurdygurdy

Re: No content visible in slideshow

Post by hurdygurdy »

Thank you! While dragging the text over to the side did not change my view in slideshow, changing the background to the default solved the issue! Highly appreciated.
In gratitude,
Running
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
OpenOffice 4.1.5