[Solved] Adding .wav file for sound effect

Discuss the presentation application
edeja

[Solved] Adding .wav file for sound effect

Post by edeja »

I am trying to add Spanish pronunciations to each object on a slide. It lets me add them and when I play the slide show the sounds are correctly there. I save the file and play the slide show and the sounds are there, but when I close out and come back to the presentation, the sounds are no longer there. What am I doing wrong.

Thank you for any help, this is very frustrating.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Re: Adding .wav file for sound effect

Post by acknak »

Do you mean you can run the slideshow and it works correctly, save the file, exit OOo and restart OOo, and now the same presentation that worked 30 seconds ago doesn't work?

Are you moving or copying any of the files--the presentation document or the sound files--at any point?

Are the files all stored on a local hard drive--not a network drive or a removable device?

Try a test where you copy the sound file into the same folder alongside presentation document, then create a presentation that uses that sound file.

If none of that works, maybe you can attach a small sample document here.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
edeja

Post by edeja »

Correct. The .wav files are in the same folder that I have the presentation in. When I click of effect options and choose sound, I scroll down to to other and find the file where the .wavs are at and open, then click OK. They work. THe presentation I have saved on my stick with the .wav files in the same folder. When I close out and come back in, the sound is no londer of the effect options. It seems like I have to somehow add the sound to Openoffice's list of sounds but I don't know how to do that. I'll attach the one slide of the presentation. I can't upload the .wav for lunes. I also tried it as a .mpe3 file and same results. Thank you.
Attachments
calendartest.ppt
(110.5 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
acknak

Post by acknak »

Oh, wait. You're saving it as a Powerpoint file? That's the problem, then.

Try saving your file as the standard ODF format (.odp), at least to test it.

Saving any OOo document in a format other than ODF runs some risk of problems like this.

As far as I can see from the OOo issue tracker, exporting a presentation that includes sound effects is supposed to work.

I don't have PPT to test it with; maybe someone here can try to duplicate your problem, and if it's reproducible, you can file a bug report.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
edeja

Post by edeja »

Thank you. It worked when I saved to ODP format.