[Solved] Numbered list in slide

Discuss the presentation application
leszek.luchowski

[Solved] Numbered list in slide

Post by leszek.luchowski »

This is my first post so hi all;

I am writing a presentation plan (logically, in one of the first slides of my presentations) and I would like to make it a numbered list. When I click the "numbered list" button and choose any one of its options, the first label of the corresponding format - such as A, a, I, 1, 1. 1), A) etc appears before the first of my lines, but all the next lines in the text box only get indented, with no item labels. I have tried selecting the whole plan and clicking "numbered list" again, but it didn't. The same happens when I try to make it a bulleted list. Perhaps it's something to do with numbered lists not being supported (?) in text boxes, but if so, how do I put a list in my slide without a text box?

TIA,
L.L.
Last edited by robleyd on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
FJCC

Re: Numbered list in slide

Post by FJCC »

Numbered lists in text boxes work for me whether I implement the numbering before I type the list or afterward. Are the items of list separated by regular paragraph marks made with the Enter key, or by line breaks made with Shift + Enter? You should use regular paragraph marks. Can you upload a sample file. To do that, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
leszek.luchowski

Thank you for your answer.

I have since moved to my home computer, and trying to reproduce the problem there I found the numbered list working the way it should (or at least that is my idea of what it should be doing). I then merged the two files and got a presentation with one defective and one working numbered list; I attach it here.

Again, TIA for any enlightenment.

PS: I used ordinary Enter key (not Ctrln-Enter etc) to break my lines in either case.
Attachments
NoNumbers.odp
(15.92 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Post by erbsenzahl »

The "Bullets and Numbering" in the textbox of slide #2 seems to be "corrupted" or damaged. Copy the content of the text box and paste into a new textbox as unformatted text and then apply "Bullets and Numbering" again. It works - even on the same slide. With or without occlusal splint... ;)
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
leszek.luchowski

Thank you;

I don't know how it got corrupted, but it's not something I would spend nights trying to figure out.

I put the correct content into the list that works (can't remember any more if it was by pasting as raw text or just typing it all anew) and it works.

Best regards - L.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3