[Solved] Hyperlinks between slides in Impress doesn't work

Discuss the presentation application
WildCoast

[Solved] Hyperlinks between slides in Impress doesn't work

Post by WildCoast »

Hi,
I just discovered Open Office and imported one of my Microsoft Power Point's (that have hyperlinks between slides in the same presentation, as well as links to external url's) into Impress. I saved the presentation as a PDF and am impressed with the quality - however the hyperlinks between the slides doesn't work anymore (they were set on text boxes in Power Point) although the hyperlinks to the external url's work perfectly. Is there a way to fix this without linking the hyperlinks to the actual words in the text boxes?

I would also love to know if there is a way to save the imported Power Point directly as HTML5 from Impress (with working hyperlinks).

Much appreciated!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 4.1.5
Mr.Dandy

Re: Hyperlinks between slides in Impress doesn't work

Post by Mr.Dandy »

WildCoast wrote:to save the imported Power Point directly as HTML5
Zamzar is your friend

For hyperlink problem, provide a sample document.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Links in an imported format (such as .ppt) may not work. You should Save the document as type .odp and recreate the links.

OpenOffice is not a clone of Microsoft Office, so there may often be problems with file transfer.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
WildCoast

Post by WildCoast »

Many thanks Mr Dandy and RoryOF.
I am currently recreating the links. I also discovered Zamzar by chance - but never used online converters. Don't laugh - but can't files end up in the wrong hands if one upload into cyber space? I am sure they are reputable - but not doing everything off line is just very new to me...
Open Office 4.1.5