[Solved] Print 3 slides on a single A4 w/o blank note lines

Discuss the presentation application
SVLU

[Solved] Print 3 slides on a single A4 w/o blank note lines

Post by SVLU »

Hi,

I've been using Lotus Symphony and Open Office for many years.
I could never find a solution this issue.

I could never modify or create new and use that modified, created printing templates for handouts.
What I like to do is simple being able to say 2 or 3 slides on a single page (A4 preferable),
vertical / horizontal with a blank area next to slide to take some handwritten notes and header footer info .

I could find no way to create or modify existing one and make it available for printing .

The only option is close to my reqirement is 3 slides per page handouts for audiance.
But in that option (in all office softwares) has some blank thick note lines next to each slide, that I don't want.
I want to be able to print with either no line at all or very light colored very thin line.

Any solution is welcome.
Thank you for all who read and spent even a minute for this issue.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
open office 4.5.1
Windows XP
RoryOF

Re: Printing 3 slides on a single A4 with no blank note line

Post by RoryOF »

A workaround - make a new, blank slide (perhaps a very light line as border), insert a copy of this as every second slide, then print 6 slides per page.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
SVLU

Printing 3 slides on a single A4 with no blank note lines

Post by SVLU »

Thank you . I couldn't think of this. ;) It works.
Only doubles the number of slides.

All I could so far, copy of each slides and paste inte a new odt document - I could also resize the slides- but too much work.

The source is open and I hoped an expert could find a solution programaticaly.(I've tried but I couldn't get that detail in source)
I wish the developers can take this basic requirements into account for many instructer using these tool to prepare lecture notes.
A bit bigger 3 or 2 slides (resizing should be allowed) and no line output wil be very helpfull.

Is there a way to send this as development suggestion?

Thank you again.
open office 4.5.1
Windows XP
robleyd

Re: Printing 3 slides on a single A4 with no blank note line

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers