Newly created file getting version error

Discuss the presentation application
TWilson442012

Newly created file getting version error

Post by TWilson442012 »

I just created this file and saved it as a PPT not I get a version error when I try to reopen it. I need it to work today and do not have time to recreate it. thanks I keep trying to upload the file but it does not work.
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7
FJCC

Re: newly created file getting version error

Post by FJCC »

Please provide the complete text of the error message.

In what way does the upload not work? Is the file too big? There is a 128KB file size limit, so that is likely the problem for an Impress file. If so, you can post it on One Drive or Google Drive or a file sharing site like Media Fire. If the problem is not the file size, then what is the problem with the upload?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
TWilson442012

Post by TWilson442012 »

the file is too big to upload, here is the error message
Attachments
Error.jpg
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I found a post with a similar problem that solved it by converting the file on Zamzar. The post is here. In that case, it was a very old PPT format and Zamzar converted it to PPT 97-2003. Try using that site. You might also try downloading the LibreOffice office suite and see if that opens the file.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.