Discuss the presentation application
Steve5

Custom Animation

Post by Steve5 »

This is using Libre Office:

I have two lines of text in a text box, let's say,

Line One
Line Two

I had the custom animation set up to wipe in both lines from the left.

I wanted to add a third line (under "line two") and make it wipe in along with the top two lines, but for some reason the third line was not part of the top two even though I put in in the same text box. It wasn't "attaching."

So I deleted the box, created a new text box and typed in the three lines. I highlighted the box, hit the green plus sign to add the animation and it did list it in the custom animation box, but I can't change anything, it's all whited out. It says "Entrance" in the category field, but it's whited out. I can change the "Start" field but that's it. If I hit the green plus sign, it just adds it again as another custom animation.

What am I doing wrong?

For whatever reason, to the left of the listing in custom animation box, there is a small box with a plus sign on it . When I click it, it lists Line Two and Line three.
Libre Office 6.4.7.2, Open Office 4.1.10, Windows (ugh) 10
Steve5

Re: Custom Animation

Post by Steve5 »

Still can't get this right.

For whatever reason, each line has it's own custom animation. It's as if they want you to set it up line by line (I tried, can't get it to wipe in the way it's supposed to). But I have a text box above it with six lines of text in it - all wipe in at the same time - and each line does not have it's own customized animation. That box is ID'ed as "Text Frame" in the Custom Animation box. The text box with the three lines of text just has the a couple of words of the text, not "Text Frame."

I can't get that box to be one "Text Frame" entry in the Custom Animation box. :crazy:
Libre Office 6.4.7.2, Open Office 4.1.10, Windows (ugh) 10