[Solved] Presentation Projection niggle

Discuss the presentation application
Redcliffe

[Solved] Presentation Projection niggle

Post by Redcliffe »

I have just started to use Impress an have created a presentation on a PC with a 4:3 display, running windows XP. It was then transferred to a laptop with a 16:9 screen running Vista Home Premium. Running the slide show on either computer is fine, but when projected from the laptop with an Optima 773 - which gives a 4:3 image, a small amount of the right and left of the image is lost. This is a nuisance if there is a full line of text.
In future I could make sure I use less of the Impress area,when creating the presentation, but feel there may be a more elegant solution. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.
Last edited by Redcliffe on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acknak

Re: Presentation Projection niggle

Post by acknak »

That sounds like an adjustment to be made on the projector.

Impress should scale the page format set for the presentation to fit whatever video card it is being displayed on. It's then up to the projector to take that video output and put it on the screen. That process often (IME) requires some adjustment of the projector when different computer sources are used. Look for some kind of "video width" setting.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Redcliffe

Re: Presentation Projection niggle

Post by Redcliffe »

Many thanks acknak, you were quite right. Searching through the menu on the projector I found "Horizontal Position" and an adjustment corrected the problem.
acknak

Re: Presentation Projection niggle SOLVED

Post by acknak »

Super! Thanks for the follow-up, and adding 'SOLVED'.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23