[Solved] Spreadsheet no allowed to update, pushes to Excell

Discuss the presentation application
ron gall

[Solved] Spreadsheet no allowed to update, pushes to Excell

Post by ron gall »

i havent used open office impress (excel clone) for some time....i went to my spread sheet and the system seems to push me off to microsoft excel

it shows the spread sheet but does not allow update or new entries

i prefer not to sign up for microsoft excel perfectly happy with open office

it appears that text docs on open office operate as usual that is up dating and starting new docs

i am 78 most of my patience is all used up .....so i really need help and/or advice

ron gall
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
open office 3.1
robleyd

Re: spread sheet no allowed to update --pushes to m/s excell

Post by robleyd »

I presume you mean Calc rather than Impress, as Calc is the Apache OpenOffice (AOO) spreadsheet application - definitely not a clone of Excel.
You say:
i went to my spread sheet and the system seems to push me off to microsoft excel
How are you trying to "go to your spreadsheet"? By double clicking on the file name? If so, it sounds like a Windows upgrade has changed file associations. (If not, please tell us how you go to your spreadsheet.)

To change file associations so that your files open with AOO;

Windows 10 Click Start-->Settings-->System--->Default Apps-->Set Defaults by App. Click on Apache OpenOffice then Set this program as default.

Here is a link with pictures showing ways of changing default programs in Win 10.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
ron gall

Post by ron gall »

YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS OPEN OFFICE CALC.....LIKE MS EXCELL

I TRIED TO OPEN USING A SHORCUT ICON AS ALSO SELECTING IN MY DOCS FILE....

THOSE SNEAKING BILL GATES ACCOMPLICES PROBABLY CREATED THE PROBLEM WITH SOME WINDOWS UPDATE

I FOUND MY WORK AROUND BY RIGHT CLICK AND THEN SELECTING OPEN OFFICE IN THE "OPEN WITH" OPTION
open office 3.1
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I'm glad you found a solution.
Off topic, but something of note, it is recommended to not use all caps in posts.
Using all caps, like you did in your second post, is the internet equivalent to shouting, thus it is highly discouraged.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.