Advance Slide Question

Discuss the presentation application
ecodigital

Advance Slide Question

Post by ecodigital »

Is there any way that I can change the advance slide option from 999 seconds to be 86400 seconds? (86400 seconds equates to 24 hours)
I have a dining menu system and I want the daily slide to advance every 24 hours. Currently I am running multiple slides that advance every 15 minutes. Not ideal because of the amount of slides needed. Any help or workarounds will be great. Thanks
Open Office 4 on Windows 10
keme
Volunteer

Re: Advance Slide Question

Post by keme »

for automated changes of display with this kind of time frame, perhaps look at the task scheduler in Windows. Either run taskschd.mmc (for a GUI) or run cmd and use schtasks.exe (the CLI for the task scheduler). You can use this to run a presentation at a specified time, and end it.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
ecodigital

Post by ecodigital »

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into this further.
The easy path....and most manageable, is to be able to increase the slide advance timings. I have to consider the technical capability of the onsite support resources, so the solution needs to be easy to understand and manage. Cheers
Open Office 4 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I'd make a number of (probably single frame) presentations and drive them from a Windows batch file with 24 hour delays between each presentation.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS