Using a projector to show an Impress presentation

Discuss the presentation application
marcop

Using a projector to show an Impress presentation

Post by marcop »

If a presentation background is set to blank, or default, although on the screen the background shows as white, if the presentation is shown using a projector, would the background be also white, or only the objects contained on the slide would be shown? And if the later is not the case, how can I accomplish that? I need to superimpose 3 projections running simultaneously. Also, what kind of projector should I use to run a presentation, in the fashion previously described, using a USB memory, with slide´s transition set from 1 second to up to 12 minutes, and on auto loop or kiosk mode? Thank you for your help . . .
OpenOffice 3.1 ON mACos 10.4
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Using a projector to show an Impress presentation

Post by Zizi64 »

I need to superimpose 3 projections running simultaneously.
Do you need apply 3 projections from 3 different media (video, photo, presentation, or others) by 3 different projectors composed to only one "screen" like the Diaporama?

Also, what kind of projector should I use to run a presentation, in the fashion previously described, using a USB memory, with slide´s transition set from 1 second to up to 12 minutes,
Maybe the projectors can show photos from a USB memory, but they can not run the Apache OpenOffice Impress to launch the presentation.
You can export your presentation to some Picture or PDF format - without transition effects.
Otherwise you need a computer or laptop (with a compatible video output) to running the AOO or LO (at least one of the portable versions)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Using a projector to show an Impress presentation

Post by John_Ha »

I think you would be better to start from the beginning and tell us precisely what you are trying to do.

You may well be able to do what you want to do in a completely different and much easier way.

It is always better to ask How do I ...?, and then describe what you want to do, rather than guessing a solution which is probably wrong, and then trying to get your guessed wrong solution to work - see The XY problem.
The XY problem is asking about your attempted solution rather than your actual problem. This leads to enormous amounts of wasted time and energy, both on the part of people asking for help, and on the part of those providing help.

User wants to do X.
User doesn't know how to do X, but thinks they can fumble their way to a solution if they can just manage to do Y.
User doesn't know how to do Y either.
User asks for help with Y.
Others try to help user with Y, but are confused because Y seems like a strange problem to want to solve.
After much interaction and wasted time, it finally becomes clear that the user really wants help with X, and that Y wasn't even a suitable solution for X.

The problem occurs when people get stuck on what they believe is the solution and are unable step back and explain the issue in full.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.