[Solved] Using Impress as a Platform

Discuss the presentation application
wcraig

[Solved] Using Impress as a Platform

Post by wcraig »

I want to use Impress as a platform for a tutorial that I might sell. Is such a thing consistent with the Open Office Liscensing agreement? And is it something that the Open Office Community will appreciate?

Either answer is fine. I need to know because I don't to transgress here. My thought is that it would make Open Office more known to the public. However, if it is not an acceptable idea, I will be happy to fiind some other platform. Perhaps, I might even update my skills in programing.

I tried using Microsoft Office Power Point 2013, but it was an epic fail because when I sent the file to another computer, it would not play the audio, and it would say, "codec not available." There are fixes for it, but that sort of thing is not acceptable if I want to send my tutorial to someone who is not computer savvy. So, I thought that I would try my luck with Impress. Basically, I want the person who uses my tutorial to simply be able to download and run it without having to knowingly mess with codecs. I am assuming of course, that Impress can do self-contained packages like Power Point does with its Power Point shows.

The villian, it turns out, is the *.m4a audio file.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 4.1.1

Windows 10
MTP
Volunteer

Re: Using Impress as a Platform

Post by MTP »

Licensing-wise you'd be fine, commercial use is allowed. I don't think the community would care. I'm not sure Impress has all the functionality you were using with PowerPoint, you would have to work on it and see.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10, HSQLDB 1.8 split database
wcraig

Re: Using Impress as a Platform

Post by wcraig »

Thankyou!
Open Office 4.1.1

Windows 10