Presentations

Discuss the presentation application
markebenson

Presentations

Post by markebenson »

Is it possible to make an automatic presentation so when I click on an icon, a slidesshow i created will start automatcally?
openoffice 3.1 windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Presentations

Post by Zizi64 »

Is it possible to make an automatic presentation so when I click on an icon, a slidesshow i created will start automatcally?
Which fileformat preasentation file did you meant?

All type of the document files require some reader/player/editor softwares to show the contents located in the file.

1.: You can save your presentation into the native ODF (.odp) fileformat. In this case you need the AOO or LO Impress to open the file and start the slide show.
- You can open a file from the command line:

Code: Select all

soffice -show [i]filename[/i]
https://help.libreoffice.org/Impress/Sh ... Slide_Show

- Or you can write (but not record) a macro that will launch the slide show after you open the presentation file. You need assign the macro to an event, for example:
"View created"
The simple macro from this webpage:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... sentations

Code: Select all

REM  *****  BASIC  *****

Sub Start_Slide_Show
 Dim oDoc As Object
 Dim oPresentation As Object

oDoc = ThisComponent
	oPresentation = oDoc.Presentation
	oPresentation.start()
End Sub
Note: the macro written based on the AOO/LO API functions will work in the AOO or LO only, but will not work in the MS PowerPoint (editor) or PowerPoint Viewer...

2.: And you can save your presentation into a foreign presentation format. Then you need use one of the viewer/editor software for that fileformat.
- The MS PPS fileformat will work with AOO, LO or with the free MS PPT viewer. The PPS is an 'autostart type' fileformat.
Note: Always store your important documents in the native International Standard ODF filetypes, and export a copy into the foreign fileformats - if you needed. Probably you will lost some formatting property, or more properties when you save/export your presentation into foreign fileformats, because there is not 100% compatibility between the different file formats.

3.: And there is an Extension for autostart a presentation (I never tried it):
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pro ... -documents

4: You can save your presentation into Macromedia Flash format...

5.: And you can save the presentation into PDF format: then you need a PDF reader. When you double click an a icon (or name) of the pdf file, the default PDT reader software will launched, and the it will open the document.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.