[Issue] Starting View When Opening a Presentation

Discuss the presentation application
davisram

[Issue] Starting View When Opening a Presentation

Post by davisram »

I guess this is kind of a minor issue, but it has been bugging me because I have to open a lot of presentations. When I open a presentation, I would like to view just the slide, in the normal format, rather than the slide pane, tasks menu, etc which tend to block the slides that I am trying to edit. How can I change the way this looks when it opens a presentation?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged the thread as issue (link to a bug report).
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x
acknak

Re: Starting View When Opening a Presentation

Post by acknak »

You can close the side panels, but unfortunately they won't stay that way when you close and re-start Impress.

However, you can instead change the width of the side panels to make them as small as you want, and that configuration is remembered. Just drag on the vertical frame-edges between the center panel and the side panels.

The down side of this is that you have to repeat the operation to get the panels back when you need them.

I typically shrink the page panel to about half it's normal width, leave the other one at the normal width, and maximize the Impress window while I'm editing. That gives me enough room for the slide without needing to constantly fiddle with the side panels.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Re: Starting View When Opening a Presentation

Post by Hagar Delest »

There are 2 related reports, you should subscribe and vote for one of these (up to 2 votes per issue):
- Issue 54809 - The app does not remember status of activities panel
- Issue 80193 - Task Pane Auto-hide
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10