Sound and Video insertion

Discuss the presentation application
Jacko

Sound and Video insertion

Post by Jacko »

Previously used Windows Media Player and PowerPoint for presentations. Now that I have Open Office and VLC Media Player I can't find a way of inserting sound into the slides. Even in established presentations, the sound will not play. Should I download Windows Media or will that cause problems with the VLC Media Player? Any suggestions?
Open Office 4.1 on Windows 7
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Sound and Video insertion

Post by John_Ha »

See https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=36162

[Tutorial] Embedding Video into OOo Impress for Windows where rezo says
[quote="Rezo"]

There have been a lot of questions as to why the OpenOffice Impress Software cannot use Videos. The reason is that the embedded video does not actually run through Impress - you must add software to your computer in order for it to work.

Do the following:

1. Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
2. Download CCCP Codec Pack
3. Make sure 32 bit Java (Click "FREE JAVA DOWNLOAD") is installed on your PC. You may already have 64 bit Java installed. but AOO uses 32 bit Java so you must also have 32 bit Java.
4. Install DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer.
5. Install CCCP Codec Pack

Now that they are installed, insert the video. It will play.

Also check out the OOo v3.3 Writer Manual and don't forget that when a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.