Slideshow timings disappeared

Discuss the presentation application
BroWCarey

Slideshow timings disappeared

Post by BroWCarey »

I have a presentation I created a couple of years ago, and now need it again. I watched it a few days ago, and everything was fine. Slides advanced automatically according to the time set for each one, audio and video started on schedule.
I just went to watch it again to time it, and something has gone wrong. Every single slide is set to advance on mouse click. All my timings are gone. I can't believe I have to go through all those slides again and figure out timing for every one. :cry:
Anyone have any idea how this happened, and if there's any way I can get my timings back without having to practically start from scratch?
Open Office 3.3 on Windows 7 64bit
acknak

Re: slideshow timings disappeared

Post by acknak »

Ouch.

Are you still using OO 3.3? That's a pretty old version (4.1.2 is current).

What file format does your document use? OO's native ODF format (.odp for presentations)? Powerpoint format (.ppt)? Something else?

Have you saved the file since it was working properly? If not, the setting should still be in the file. I don't know what might have changed but almost anything's possible.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
BroWCarey

Post by BroWCarey »

No, using current version. Just never changed default signature on this forum. Saved as .odp.

I didn't save it when it was working properly a few days ago, so it should have still been in the same state when I opened it today, but it wasn't. After I checked all the slide timings, without changing anything, when I went to shut it down, it claimed the file had changed, and asked if I wanted to save it. I think I said yes. Probably should have said no, because I had not made any changes.
acknak

Post by acknak »

How to update your software information signature

You should be able to change all the slide transitions at once, but I don't know if that will affect other timings (animations/bullet points).
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
BroWCarey

Post by BroWCarey »

It would be a relatively easy fix if the timing for all the slides was the same. But most are different. It's going to be quite a task.