[Solved] SEH Exception Error Message

Discuss the presentation application
mtaitz

[Solved] SEH Exception Error Message

Post by mtaitz »

I am creating a slide presentation with a lot of pictures...When trying to run "Slide Show" the show stops at random places and I get the following "SEH Exception Access Violation" and the program shuts down. Can anyone advise on what is happening...and how to fix it. Thank you
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Open Office 4
Windows
RoryOF

Re: SEH Exception Error Message

Post by RoryOF »

Increase the memory setting under /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /Memory. Also use /Tools /Minimise presentation to optimise the file for presentation. Keep an un-minimised master file.
 Edit: If the above suggestions do not help, as a workaround, use /File /Export as PDF and use the system PDF viewer to display this file. You will lose all transition effects, but that may not matter to you. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
mtaitz

Post by mtaitz »

Thank you...will advise if that works...much obliged.
Open Office 4
Windows
mtaitz

Post by mtaitz »

Regarding the advice to increase the memory in Tools...can you please give me some guidance specific to the settings for the following...(1) Number of steps (2)Graphics Cache -- Use for Open Office; Memory per Object; Remove from File After (3) Cache for inserted objects -- Number of Objects...thank you
Open Office 4
Windows
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Push the memory up to 256MB (or max allowed); the other settings can be tweaked as you like - they don't seem to matter much for ordinary use.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
mtaitz

Post by mtaitz »

Thank you!!
Open Office 4
Windows