[Issue] Animation support in Impress Flash Export

Discuss the presentation application
timtak

[Issue] Animation support in Impress Flash Export

Post by timtak »

The fact that Impress can export to Flash (.swf) files is a very useful function not found in Microsoft Powerpoint (at least in the version I have, 2000). I have to use a seperate program to do the powerpoint to flash transition.

But the flash files that Impress creates do not have animation (or transitions). Since uslally there are a few animations (particularly just having text appear on a slide one line at a time) in the average slideshow, a animation-less slideshow becomes fairly useless. I return to Powerpoint and use ppt to flash conversion software.

If there were only a few or only ONE simple animation in the exported Impress Flash files, such as if all animations became "appear," then I would be able to create presentations and have them web deployable from Impress. I would give up on Powerpoint.

I am guessing that Microsoft will not be supporting the Adobe Flash standard from within Powerpoint anytime soon. So if impress could do this, it would make Impress very attractive.

I would be very grateful if someone would let me know when flash files exported from Impress contain animations (and perhaps transitions).

Thank you.

By the way, In my humble opinion the "save" should be labelled as "save draft" since save sometimes means publish, and the drafts should be accessible from ones account page or posts page (under draft posts) because as it stands one can save when intending to post, and then be unable to find the draft.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged the thread as issue (link to a bug report).
OOo 2.0.X on Ms Windows W2k + WinXP, Linux
Hagar Delest

Re: ANIMATION in Impress Flash Export: Feature request

Post by Hagar Delest »

Please read the Survival Guide for the forum, especially that section.

You should subscribe and vote for it (up to 2 votes per issue): Issue 16036 - Animations in Macromedia Flash Export.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10