Background scripts show through on Windows

Discuss the presentation application
wkyee

Background scripts show through on Windows

Post by wkyee »

I have a presentation made in OO 4, in Power Point format. When played on the Mac or my Windows 7 Starter it is OK. When played on another Windows 7 machine, many of the slides are corrupt with the "Click Here to Enter Text" message that is present from the Master (I guess). These do not show up on the other machines, and they do not show up in the editor of OOI, so I cannot see them to delete them. I have tried hiding the Master slides, but that does not work. Any suggestions?
Open Office 4, Mac OS X Maverick
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Background scripts show through on Windows

Post by Zizi64 »

When played on another Windows 7 machine,
Which software want you play it with? (MS Viewer, or MS Office, or AOO/LO - and which version of that software)?

Always save your presentations in the native ODF (.odp) format, and play them with the installed or the portable version of the Apache OpenOffice of LibreOffice.

Note: The used Fonts must be installed on the machine, which you want play the presentation on.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Re: Background scripts show through on Windows

Post by RoryOF »

An aside: if one has to show a straightforward presentation, without animations and fancy effects, on a strange computer, it is good to make a PDF of the presentation as well as the odp/ppt file. If one selects to make the PDF using PDF/A-1a format (first page of the Export as PDF dialog), it embeds the fonts used. Almost every computer comes with a PDF reader and the PDF file can be displayed without problems. This can save one's blushes if there is a problem with the odp/ppt file.

I always use my own laptop for presentations, citing that my software is not compatible with MS Windows, If using one's own laptop for a presentation it is good to run through the presentation privately, using any monitor as a pseudo projector. If you need to make changes to settings to get the picture on the pseudo projector, note these in detail and stick them on a sticky label on the laptop so they don't get lost.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS