Open the MS PPT using AOO Impress.

Discuss the presentation application
Anuj Dhawan

Open the MS PPT using AOO Impress.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hi,

When I tried to open the MS PPT using AOO Impress most of the text and images are not showing up correctly. MS PPT was created in MS Office 2010. Is there a way I can get it corrected? Please advise.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7

A Help & Support Forum for and by Mainframe Users : http://www.zMainframes.com/ - Join us!
RoryOF

Re: Open the MS PPT using AOO Impress.

Post by RoryOF »

If it is for display only, download the free PowerPoint viewer from MS site. If you wish to edit it, try using that viewer and copy/paste the presentation into Impress.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
TomMny445599

Post by TomMny445599 »

I, too would like means to access MS ppt slideshows, etc.
The free MS powerpoint viewer was evidently discontinued as of 2018-04....

there may be an option-
https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... 5bd9b231a6
PowerPoint Online is a free alternative that provide some of the same benefits of PowerPoint Viewer and can display some newer features (such as the Morph feature and animations added to PowerPoint after version 2010).
If you have a Microsoft account (hotmail.com, outlook.com, live.com, msn.com) or an Office 365 work or school account, you can view and edit a presentation for free in a web browser by saving the file to OneDrive or Dropbox and using PowerPoint Online to open it.
Apache OpenOffice4.15 on Win10pro64
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The free MS powerpoint viewer was evidently discontinued as of 2018-04....
Try the LibreOffice. It has a little bit higher compatibility with the foreign file formats than the AOO has.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.