Can you change this BG color?

Discuss the presentation application
j0kky

Can you change this BG color?

Post by j0kky »

Hi! I have a one-slide presentation, is there anyone able to change the background color from blue to white and tell me the exact way to do it?
blue.odp
(11.51 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
I tried all the "usual" ways yet but they don't work for me :(

Thanks,
j0kky.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Can you change this BG color?

Post by Zizi64 »

There is a Style in your renamed file (rename your attached file to 'blue.zip', unzip it, and open the Style.xml file with a pure text editor. See this part):

Code: Select all

- <style:style style:name="Mgr3" style:family="graphic" style:parent-style-name="standard">
  <style:graphic-properties draw:stroke="none" svg:stroke-width="0cm" draw:fill="solid" draw:fill-color="#0000cc" draw:textarea-vertical-align="top" draw:auto-grow-height="false" fo:min-height="0cm" fo:min-width="0cm" fo:padding-top="0cm" fo:padding-bottom="0cm" fo:padding-left="0cm" fo:padding-right="0cm" fo:wrap-option="wrap" /> 
fill-color="#0000cc" means the blue 'background. (Red = $00; Green = $00; Blue= $cc)
The name of the style is 'Mgr3'

I can not found the embedded object in your file which uses this style...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I found something now. Try it:

Right mouse click on the blue area - Slide - Uncheck the option: 'Display Objects from Master'

Have you used a Master document? Or this file was converted from foreign formats?
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
j0kky

Post by j0kky »

You are a genius... I edit the master slide BG and it changes everything :D
But I have an enormous problem now: I attached just a sample of the entire presentation I actually have, my issue was to change the BG to white for printing purpose... But the presentation has all text white coloured, what a mess!
The paragraphs don't follow a specific style, please don't tell me I have to change manually every window text color :O

P.S: just tried outline view "trick", it doesn't work :(
P.P.S: yes, the file comes from a pdf conversion
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload an another example file here... (with some text)
j0kky

Post by j0kky »

Here you are, but I need to delete this attachment in a few days cause copyright:
https://mega.nz/#!SUp2CJhQ!6yuOpqQbdnLu ... 3pEP2dSVAc

Thanks for you patience and your help :)
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello

I think the Background Color is set in the master page.

menu --> view --> Masterpage

Then choose a Background color and also a color for the character and maybe possible for the lines.

Then close the little dialog with: close Master view

I think it must be done for all different master-pages. Also it must maybe done for all used line elements. I think the best methode it do it part for part and store every time your result.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

This property is inherited from a 'Master' or other type document. I can change the color of the text by the selecting texts one by one and by using the toolbar icon "text color". It works (when I switched off the inherited background object) by a manually selected color, or by the choosing of the "Automatic" color: the texts will be black.

I do not know any other ways.
Can not work the Ctrl-M option.
Can not work the usage of the styles: nothing changed when I tried apply a new style with changed character color...
Can not work the navigator in your file: because the objects have same name on the different Slides. (There are a lot of objects, which have name 'object 1', etc...)

I think you must re-edit (re-create) your document, without the usage the inherited properties, and with unique object names.
j0kky

Post by j0kky »

@RPG:
j0kky wrote:I edit the master slide BG and it changes everything :D
I already did it for background, but if I change the character color within the master slideS, it affects nothing (it has the same behavior if I edit every single style character color, I think the text doesn't follow any style) . I'm searching for some way to edit all text color without manually edit each text window content. :?
j0kky

Post by j0kky »

@Zizi64:
What about if I create a script (ex in Autoit) that change in xml files every #ffffff to #000000 and then #0000cc to #ffffff? Can it work?

EDIT:
Thanks to ODP files structure I think it could be done only for content.xml and style.xml
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

What about if I create a script (ex in Autoit) that change in xml files every #ffffff to #000000 and then #0000cc to #ffffff? Can it work?
You can try it, but you must be careful!

Try it on a COPY of your original document!
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello

When the methode of changing of the xml is not working easy then I think reformat the complete document is also not so difficult.

Delete first all handmade formatting. This is sometime a three step handling. In the begin it is difficult but you learn it also easy. Sometime you must adjust a style from the stylist. When you are sure you have all text and other thing then you can easy use your own formatting.

The three steps
a) from the dia
b) from text boxes
c) from the text in the text box.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2