Impress error message

Discuss the presentation application
Peter Southgate

Impress error message

Post by Peter Southgate »

I recently installed Open office 4.1.1 after sucessfully using version 3 for many years. But whn I run in version 4 a previous file prepared using version 3, or produce a new presentation using version 4, the programme crashes when accessing certain slides. I get the error messag: "Fatal Error SEH Exception. Access violation". This never happened using version 3, and is most annoying in a public presentation. Also the "Save as pdf" option does not work. Help please. Peter Southgate
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows Vista
RoryOF

Re: Impress error message

Post by RoryOF »

Did you try /File /Export as PDF? If you still have the downloaded file in your downloads directory, check it using the methods in
http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html

I always run through my presentation on the laptop I will use for presentation - but I only ever present from my own laptop.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Mr.Dandy

Post by Mr.Dandy »

Peter Southgate wrote:I get the error messag: "Fatal Error SEH Exception. Access violation".
Already reported: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72315
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10
Peter Southgate

As mentioned I try to save pictures using File export as pdf but this too crashed before the saving was completed. But how does this relate to the basic problem?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It relates to your inability to save as PDF; sometimes /File /Export as PDF is more robust than /File /Save as PDF (which is what you reported in your first post). We often need to explore other areas than an immediate problem to help build a picture of what might be wrong.

Can you check the MD5Sum of your downloaded file using the link given in my post

In the thread Mr. Dandy linked (above) it is reported that OO 4.1.0 did not exhibit this problem and also that the version of LibreOffice current at that thread time was stable.
Peter Southgate

Which link?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Peter Southgate

I can't fin any reference to MD5Sumin this link. It seems to be just a series of posts about previous complaints on this issue.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The link to the checksumming methodology was in my first post on this thread I repeat it here
http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html

The synopsis of the other link, which I've already given, is that OO 4.1.0 did not exhibit this problem and also that the version of LibreOffice current at that thread time was stable (I cannot speak for later LibreOffice versions). OO 4.1.0 can be downloaded from the http://www.openoffice.org/download page
David Cook

Post by David Cook »

I have had this problem too with 4.1.1. with an important piece of work - it extended to the file saved as .ppt for use outside my system After a lot of searching forums I uninstalled 4.1.1 and replaced it with 4.1.0 and the problem disappeared.

However Windows 7 Home Premium would not let me uninstall 4.1.1 but I was successful in removing it by downloading Advanced Uninstaller Pro
Open Office 4.1.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium