Thin vertical black line on display

Discuss the presentation application
Deblee

Thin vertical black line on display

Post by Deblee »

After completing a presentation for class, which looked fine on each individual slide, when I run the slide show there is a thin vertical black line running through every slide, slightly to left of centre. I've run the presentation on my laptop (Dell Inspiron) and my tablet/2-in-1 (also a Dell inspiron). It was also displayed on a class computer, a desktop PC, but the resolution was low (1024xsomething) and when that was adjusted back to normal, the line no longer displayed. The laptops are both set to normal (ie high) resolution and changing the resolution had no affect. Has anyone had this problem? (LibreOffice problem - in OpenOffice there is still a vertical line, same place, but only 5 cms long just below the middle of the screen).
OpenOffice 4.4.5 running on Dell Inspiron 15 and Dell Inspiron 11, running Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Thin vertical black line on display

Post by Zizi64 »

Can you upload a small example file (with 2-3 slides?)

(Maybe it is a display driver related problem...)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Deblee

Post by Deblee »

Thank you for replying. I meant to attach a screen print , I have now. There is only one. The black line is identical on all slides. Thank you for your help.
Attachments
03DC Impress 3 slides.odp
(24.83 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
screen error.jpg
OpenOffice 4.4.5 running on Dell Inspiron 15 and Dell Inspiron 11, running Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I opened your attachement. There is not any black lines with my AOO 4.1.1 nor with LibreOffice 4.2.8, nor with LO437 portable, nor with LO5.0.0 portable version on Win7prof 64bit, HP Compaq LA2405wg monitor and onboard GPU.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

What is the resolution of your screen? There were reports of OO having trouble with very high resolutions (from memory 2560)

It is worth verifying with manufacturer's site that you have the latest screen drivers.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Deblee

Post by Deblee »

Thanks for your help(s) ... great feedback, I'll follow it up through Dell - we're an all Dell family! Debbie