[Solved] No word wrap / linebreak for hyperlinks possible?

Discuss the presentation application
doktor5000

[Solved] No word wrap / linebreak for hyperlinks possible?

Post by doktor5000 »

Hi all,

currently looking for a way to format inserted hyperlinks with word wraps / linebreaks.
What I do is mask some hyperlink with some long text. Example text which is in a text box:
this is what the document is called
and this is the author and this is some pretty long text
and this is some more text
Then select that, and choose Insert => Hyperlink then choose Web and insert the actual hyperlink.

Expected result: The link should at least be wrapped at the textbox boundary, or it should be possible to manually insert/force word wraps / linebreaks.
Actual result: The link will not wrap at all, all displayed on one line, and the rest of the link is be displayed outside the right side of the textbox
There also seems to be no way to edit the link formatting, or to change the text box formatting to get the link to wrap ... :|

Already did some preliminary searching, and found some related topics:
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=111605 - which has been confirmed with OOo 3.2 and it seems it has not been fixed since
viewtopic.php?t=14657 - enabled CTL and inserted "No-width optional breaks" - does not seem to be recognised after
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=136533 - did not really understand that well enough

Is there any workaround for this? This is with AOo 4.1.1. Please tell me if you need more information.

Kind Regards
Last edited by doktor5000 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on RHEL 6.6
LibreOffice 5.1 on RHEL 6.7
MrProgrammer

Re: No word wrap / linebreak for inserted hyperlinks possibl

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I would use this simple workaround if you don't get a better answer:
• Select first line, choose Insert → Hyperlink to insert the actual hyperlink.
• Select second line, choose Insert → Hyperlink to insert the same hyperlink.
• Select third line, choose Insert → Hyperlink to insert the same hyperlink.

If this answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
doktor5000

Re: No word wrap / linebreak for inserted hyperlinks possibl

Post by doktor5000 »

Hi and thanks for the proposed workaround, but that would cause more then twice the work.

As I was migrated to libreoffice 5.0 I can say that this problem doesn't persist there, and the hyperlinks are wrapped at the surrounding text box automatically.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on RHEL 6.6
LibreOffice 5.1 on RHEL 6.7
arthurpgoldberg

Re: [Solved] No word wrap / linebreak for hyperlinks possibl

Post by arthurpgoldberg »

This problem remains in openoffice calc 4.1 on Mac OSX. See screenshot of text with hyperlink in cell with wrapping on. The entire string is "Unit Testing Tutorial".
A fix would be much appreciated.
Attachments
oo_calc_4.1_link_does_not_wrap.png
oo_calc_4.1_link_does_not_wrap.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 13292 times
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Mac OS X 10.13.4 (as of July 2018)