[Issue] Keeps taking me back to first slide

Discuss the presentation application
Steve5

[Issue] Keeps taking me back to first slide

Post by Steve5 »

I'm editing a presentation and when I scroll down to a slide, and click on it, instead of opening that slide, it goes back up to the first slide and opens that one. It also happens when I switch from the Notes tab to the Normal tab, and vice versa. Happens more than 50% of the time, and it never happened before today. So what's going on?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link to bug report
Libre Office 6.4.7.2, Open Office 4.1.10, Windows (ugh) 10
fgreg

Re: Keeps taking me back to first slide

Post by fgreg »

Same thing happens to me, it is very frustrating.

It's quite easy to reproduce. If you click in the grey area around a slide then click on a slide in the "Slides" sidebar that shows the slide previews; it goes back to the first slide in the presentation instead of the slide you clicked on.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 on MacOS 10.9.5
Steve5

Post by Steve5 »

For me, I just have to either click the small slide window on the left, or the Notes tab.

I was just editing my notes in two consecutive slides so I was going back and forth to each one. But every single time I clicked on the other slide - boom - it takes me right back to the top and I have to scroll down. Extremely frustrating. So what I have to do is remember the slide number I'm on before I click the slide, or Notes tab, knowing it'll take me back to the top. Makes it a bit easier to find. But this should not be happening, obviously.
fgreg

Post by fgreg »

FYI - It seems like this bug: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=125013 is related to what we are experiencing.
Steve5

Re: [Issue] Keeps taking me back to first slide

Post by Steve5 »

How long does it take to fix this?

And while they're at it they can tackle the Zoom In/Zoom Out feature in the bottom right corner. Once you set the percentage to what you want it to be - in both the Normal and Notes screens - it should lock in. Period. What's the point of being able to adjust the setting if you have to do it every single time you switch from the Notes screen to the Normal screen, and vice versa?
fgreg

Post by fgreg »

It appears LibreOffice does not have this issue. I have switched until OpenOffice solves this problem because it is so annoying.

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/
Steve5

Post by Steve5 »

I see Open Office and LibreOffice are basically the same (http://www.howtogeek.com/187663/openoff ... d-you-use/) But is Libre's software more stable, or do they have issues and bugs too? And are they more responsive to their bugs than OO? Can I lock in my screen percentage size?

Thanks.