Various Bugs with Impress

Discuss the presentation application
WCCC

Various Bugs with Impress

Post by WCCC »

Howdy. First post on the forums, and I'm running 4.0.1 (as I'm sure my signature details), which to my knowledge is the latest version. I use impress and draw a lot for art projects, but mostly impress since fullscreen is sometimes nice for double-checking some things. In my hours spent working with the program, I've discovered a fistful of bugs I figured I'd report. Didn't find any bug report forum or anything, but I tend to, historically speaking, miss these kinds of things on forums, how is a mystery to me.

Anyways, here's a few things I've noted in detail:
-When in edit points mode using impress and clicking away from the selected area of the object, the object loses focus in edit points mode. If you re-set your focus on the object in edit points mode, some buttons re-activate, but many remain insensitive (seems to be temporarily solved by exiting and re-entering edit points mode with object selected) Insensitive buttons include the buttons for converting polygon points to bezier points, and just about every button between setting mouse to add points mode to the odd triangle of interconnected dots.
-Presentation mode has very different handling and displaying of gradients/transparency (especially the two combined) that can radically alter or sometimes look almost errored compared to non-presentation mode viewing. This could be something with scaling or trying to remain efficient with rendering used in presentation mode, but it still stands out regardless... just a random thought: a configurable option for less-efficient, but identical to non-presentation rendering?
-When changing fill colors on objects, primarily polygons and perhaps related to the large palette of custom colors I have installed, it'll displayed both the fill color and the color mode as "blanks", or possible "indecisive" that occurs when you select 2 objects with different properties and it just draws blanks due to lack of similar properties. This makes re-editing the fill color require selecting "color" from the left box and then the color to fill it with, which will likely draw blanks again. For reference, going into the "area" menu for the same object will properly display its properties, but its overhead toolbar will not.

That's about all I have for now, hope it helps in bug busting some.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 7
acknak

Re: Various Bugs with Impress

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

I've run into similar problems; I don't know of any specific workarounds. Impress is definitely a step below Writer, Calc and Draw.

[Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23