compatability problem between versions

Discuss the presentation application

compatability problem between versions

Postby tonymoloney » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:13 am

I have a number of presentations that I made in an older version of OO. They are all song lyrics designed to be projected during sing-alongs and were made with spacing set at single space.
However, when I Insert/File any of these presentations into OO2.3, they change to proportional spacing and the bottom lines(s) drop off the bottom of the screen.
How can i force the inserted file to keep its original format?
OOo 2.3.X on Ubuntu 7.x
tonymoloney

Re: compatability problem between versions

Postby acknak » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:22 am

As long as all the slides use the same graphics style for the lyrics, you only need to make one change: with the editing cursor inside one of the text items, right click > Edit Style > Indents and Spacing > Line Spacing: single
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Postby tonymoloney » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:30 am

Thanks acknak
That's what I do. However, I have over 200 older presentations that I arrange as a song list each week and it gets a bit of a pain having to adjust each song in the list each week.
I was looking for a way that would simply retain the settings of the original file each time I inserted one.
Oh well, it looks like I will have to go back to my original files, open them in OO2.3, adjust them and re-save them.
I was trying to avoid that. I wonder if this could be done at command line level?
OOo 2.3.X on Ubuntu 7.x
tonymoloney

Postby acknak » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:41 am

It's probably a very simple change in the XML; it shouldn't be too difficult to script it.

Or, it may be even easier to write a small macro to do it. For help with that, you'll need to ask in the Macros & UNO API forum.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Return to Impress