Impress: resizing graphics on multiple slides

Discuss the presentation application
burte

Impress: resizing graphics on multiple slides

Post by burte »

OS = W-XP, OO = 2.3.1
My presentation has many slides, each containing a single graphic. I want all the graphics to have the same position and size. How can I do this other than one at a time?

Thank you.
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP
squenson
Volunteer

Re: Impress: resizing graphics on multiple slides

Post by squenson »

I am not sure this is possible. Contrary to Calc, for example, where you can manipulate cells on multiple sheets at a time, Impress is considering each slide as a separate entity and I am not aware of anyway to perform an action on several slides selected together. You would therefore need a macro that would loop through all the slides and position and size each graphic. I have never worked with Impress object model so I do not know how to access a slide and its components.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
acknak

Re: Impress: resizing graphics on multiple slides

Post by acknak »

Correct: there is no way to select things anywhere other than the current slide.

The way to approach this is to not put copies of the same thing on many slides. Instead, you create a master slide that contains all the elements that are the same among the slides. Every element on the master will also appear on every normal slide that uses that master. This way, you only have one instance of the element to modify: the one on the master. Once you change it, it will automatically be changed on all the slides that use that master.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23