Presentation: Imported File Backgrounds

Discuss the presentation application
Mnsodi

Presentation: Imported File Backgrounds

Post by Mnsodi »

The only thing I use Open Office for is to make presentations for our church for music on Sundays. I have two laptops. One with Win Vista and one with Win 8. I updated both with the newest open office 4.0.0. I tried to create the presentation by inserted files which were previously prepared, each being one song with unique backgrounds for each song. Some files have only one slide and some have multiple slides. But the backgrounds for each file are different. When I insert them into the presentation, they are all right. But after saving the presentation and then reopening it, the backgrounds are all the same. At first it would be the background of the last file inserted but now it appears to the the background of the first file. I know it must be an easy fix that I need but I just can't figure it out.

Things I tried: I have inserted one file at a time, saving after each insert. I changed the format of the files from ppt to odp. I have searched through the help index. Looked at all the settings. Chosen delete unused backgrounds and not chosen delete unused backgrounds.

I would be grateful if someone could help me figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks so much!
Open Office ver 4.0.0 Win 8
acknak

Re: Presentation: Imported File Backgrounds

Post by acknak »

Combining pieces from different presentations is dodgy, in my experience.

One thing that may help is changing the name of the master page:

View > Master > Slide Master
Right-click on the master slide in the left-side panel and choose "Rename Master". Enter some name other than "Default".
Save the presentation and try importing the slides again.

This is a workaround for a bug that was fixed recently; I'm not sure if the fix is available yet but the workaround is simple and works for sure.

If that doesn't help, you can save your presentations as templates, in which case the slide designs & backgrounds will automatically be available from the "Master Pages" section of the right-side panel.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
mydustbuny

Post by mydustbuny »

The reply didn't help me at all. I am trying to put together a presentation that is using several songs in slides for a VBS opening. It removes the background every time I save the presentation.
windows 7
open office 4.1.2
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Upload some small one or two page presentation files so they can be examined.

Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max per file, max of 3 files) or use a file share site for larger files.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Upload some small one or two page presentation files so they can be examined.

Obviously, if you have a graphic as the background in the slide you are copying in, it will sit on top of any slide background you are using.

Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max per file, max of 3 files) or use a file share site for larger files.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.