slide transition speed

Discuss the presentation application
KrisTX

slide transition speed

Post by KrisTX »

I am a computer teacher in a small elementary school (we use Open Office). I recently came across an idea for creating claymations by taking pictures, then importing them into Power Point and showing as a slideshow. I am trying this using Impress, but the problem I have come across is that I can't get the slide transition to occur any faster than one second. To make the animation look smooth, it is suggested that it be set to .2 to .4 seconds. Is there an option I am not seeing that will allow me to do this?
acknak

Re: slide transition speed

Post by acknak »

Somehow, I doubt that either Powerpoint or Impress is the right tool for this. Certainly Impress can't handle anything fast enough for smooth animations.

This article has some links to software designed for animations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_motion
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
KrisTX

Post by KrisTX »

Thanks for the link. I had heard of Stop Motion Pro, but I don't have budget to spend. The article mentioned MonkeyJam, which I have downloaded and am going to try.
acknak

Post by acknak »

Sorry, this is a little out of my field, but I think there are lots of free (or free of cost) tools that can be used, you just have to do some digging to find them. E.g. I know you can create animated images in Gimp, which is free (and free of cost), but animations are not it's primary purpose, so you aren't likely to find "Gimp" in a list of animation software.

I would search for articles in which people tell how they're making animations, and see what software they use.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23