jerky animations

Discuss the presentation application
tropdoug

jerky animations

Post by tropdoug »

Hi there

I have recently switched over from windblows to Ubuntu. I am an well experienced powerpoint presenter and I am now converting over to Impress.

I just imported a powerpoint presentation, and find the animations are extremely jerky, which was not the case on this computer under windows. I am using the correct nvidia drivers etc. Is this because I am using an imported file or is this a short coming of Impress?
ccornell
Volunteer

Re: jerky animations

Post by ccornell »

What version of Ubuntu? What version of OpenOffice.org?

By animations, do you mean the slide transitions? Those should be smooth in Linux and OOo.... at least they are for me.

When you say you are using the correct nVidia drivers, are you using the opensource drivers or the restricted/proprietary drivers?
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
twright

Re: jerky animations

Post by twright »

you may need to install accelerated graphics drivers, you can usually do so from system/administration/hardware drivers
tropdoug wrote:Hi there

I have recently switched over from windblows to Ubuntu. I am an well experienced powerpoint presenter and I am now converting over to Impress.

I just imported a powerpoint presentation, and find the animations are extremely jerky, which was not the case on this computer under windows. I am using the correct nvidia drivers etc. Is this because I am using an imported file or is this a short coming of Impress?
OOo 3.1.X on Ubuntu 8.x + Fedora, Windows 7