HELP - Opening emails as slideshows

Discuss the presentation application
altezzars200

HELP - Opening emails as slideshows

Post by altezzars200 »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? Openoffice.org 2.4
What Operating System (version) are you using? Windows Vista business 32bit
What is your question or comment? I can't seem to open emails sent as slide shows in impress as a slide show since updating to openoffice.org 2.4. They currently open in the edit form but I want to open them as a slide. I managed to find how to change the settings when I had openoffice.org 1 and even when I updated to OOo 2 I didn't need to change anything. For the life of me I can't remember what I did in the earlier versions to allow this. I am using Firefox 2 as my web browser and my current email provider is Yahoo. If anyone can help I would be much obliged. I am no computer whizz but can normally figure things out within a reasonable amount of time. Thanks
acknak

Re: HELP - Opening emails as slideshows

Post by acknak »

If I understand what you want, I don't think it's possible: OOo does not have any way to designate an Impress presentation document as "open in slide show mode". You can start Impress with a command-line option that says "open this specific presentation file and run the show", but that action cannot be configured within the presentation file itself.

I think that has been the case since at least OOo 2.x, so I'm not sure how you might have gotten that to work previously.

The only workarounds I can think of are 1) save the presentation and run the show from the saved file; 2) save the Impress show as a Powerpoint file, then change the name to file.PPS and attach that to the email: it should open in slide show mode using Powerpoint; 3) create a batch script that starts impress in show mode, then use that to open the attachment.

Although this seems like it would be an important feature, I can't find a request for this feature to be added; I guess the command-line option is enough.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
altezzars200

Post by altezzars200 »

I figured as much as I am sure I would've discovered how by now. Thanks for your quick response
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Does it help: Slide Shows / Auto start..???

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.

NB: moved your thread to the Impress forum.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10