Yet another question on sound and pps Presentations

Discuss the presentation application
mikap

Yet another question on sound and pps Presentations

Post by mikap »

Sorry, but I will try to make it short.

I have tested a Ubuntu 8.04 with OOffice 2.4 in it, when I use a pps presentation with embedded sound : No sound.
When I test the same presentation with a knoppix 5.3 with OOffice 2.3 on it. Sound works perfect out of the box.

These are 2 Debian based Linux distros. So what would the difference be? And how can it be made to work with Ubuntu?

Before you ask this is not a sound card problem. I think about some config problem sending sound to the right place, but what does OpenOffice use? Where does it send the sound?

I have posted this question to Ubuntu and Knoppix forums already but I have had no reply (2 weeks ago) so maybe someone here will have a clue.
RGB

Re: Yet another question on sound and pps Presentations

Post by RGB »

I'm not sure which OOo build the different distros uses, but the official ("Vanilla") edition need the java media framework to reproduce multimedia content, while the go-ooo versions accept gstreamer.
go-ooo has many new features, but it is less tested than "Vanilla" and thus more prone to crashes.
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice