[Solved] Reverting Bullets

Discuss the presentation application

[Solved] Reverting Bullets

Postby KawaiChik » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:03 pm

I'm running OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu (Hardy Heron). I've noticed that when I use bullets and change them from the default bullet type that when I reopen the file later on some of them have reverted. Not all, but just a few here and there. This has happened to two different files for me. Both were saved initially saved as .ppt since I need to also be able to edit this in MS PowerPoint. However, there isn't a problem when I save it as a .odp. Any thoughts on why this is happening or how to fix this? It's not crucial, just annoying.
Last edited by KawaiChik on Mon May 05, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KawaiChik

Re: Reverting Bullets

Postby squenson » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:01 am

As Microsoft's PowerPoint format is not officially published, the developers of OOo had to do it by trial and errors. What you experienced is certainly a bug in the program that saves the document in .ppt format. You could file a bug in the QA tool but first please check here whether your problem is not already identified.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
squenson
Volunteer

Postby Hagar Delest » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:59 am

Can you also upload here a sample file of the .odp file so we can try the export? It can also be a bug in the Ubuntu version (but I think that sqenson is right).

squenson wrote:As Microsoft's PowerPoint format is not officially published

Well it has been a couple of months ago: Binary Documentation (.doc, .xls, .ppt) and Translator Project Site are now live.
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Postby KawaiChik » Thu May 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Attached is an example of what I mean. In the Open Office file all of the bullets are purple, in the PowerPoint file a couple of them turned black. I don't mind so much, I just know that my advisor is going to be worried when it doesn't appear right on her screen (she uses PowerPoint). I know in the end for my actual presentation of it I'll either use my computer and display it using Open Office or I'll save it as a .pdf.

There is a post on the QA Tool but it's for Open Office 1.1 RC 3, I'm using 2.4.
Attachments
test.odp
Open Office File type
(18.81 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
test.ppt
Power Point File type
(71.5 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
KawaiChik

Postby Hagar Delest » Thu May 01, 2008 9:28 pm

The problem is that the paragraphs don't belong to the same bullet list. So in the first paragraph, set all the sub-levels in the bullets dialog (Customize tab) and then for new paragraphs, use the TAB key to indent them. It seems to work in the export afterwards.

The strange thing is that afterwards, in the PPT, each indented paragraph has its own list style, I mean the first and second paragraphs don't have the same settings. But it works.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Return to Impress