[Solved] Screen 'repair openoffice-document' won't disappear

Discuss the presentation application
Schorpioen

[Solved] Screen 'repair openoffice-document' won't disappear

Post by Schorpioen »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. My native language is Dutch. So if I write something that looks a bit strange ...

Some time ago I installed OOo V 2.3.1 on a MS Vista machine. Yesterday I tried to make some changes to a Micorsoft PowerPoint presentation. While saving the job, it looked like the computer hanged, and I stopped the proces using Windows Task Manager.
From then on, every time I start Impress or any other OOo application, I get a screen 'repair openoffice-document', click to repair, followed by 'repairing failed'.
I still had the original file, so I deleted the file I was working on, but the problem stays. Every time I open a OOo application, I get the fault-screen.
Now I uninstalled V2.3.1 and I installed V2.4, but the screen 'repair openoffice-document' just won't dispappear.
Can someone make it disappear ?

Many thanks in advance,
Schorpioen
Attachments
impress2.JPG
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Tribio

Re: screen 'repair openoffice-document' won't disappear

Post by Tribio »

I noticed this issue once at a user in our company, and the solution was to just Cancel the repairing of the document.. OpenOffice never bothered him again with the repair window..
Hagar Delest

Re: screen 'repair openoffice-document' won't disappear

Post by Hagar Delest »

I guess you've already tried to cancel the recovery and the process still pops up. If so, see here: [Solved] Stuck in Document Recovery.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Schorpioen

[Solved] Re: screen 'repair openoffice-document' won't disap

Post by Schorpioen »

Edit:  
That was quick, and was indeed the solution to my problem.

Thank you, Tribio and Hagar de l'Est.