[Solved] Double sided printing of Handouts

Discuss the presentation application
dreamquartz

[Solved] Double sided printing of Handouts

Post by dreamquartz »

Hello All,

Is there a way to print Handouts double sided?
It appears that that function does not exist under Impress.

Dream
Last edited by dreamquartz on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Safway
Volunteer

Re: Double sided printing of Handouts

Post by Safway »

If you mean printing on both side of the sheet, then this a function of the printer and print driver.

Within OO.o, you can have a two-page document print on one sheet of paper. One page on one side of the paper and the other page on the other side of the paper. The printer is the device that turns the sheet so it can print on the other side.

Within OO.o, this option is chosen when the print dialog comes up and your operating system print driver provides (to the OO.o print dialog) all your duplex (double-sided printing) options.

--- looking at your question a different way ---
If you mean printing two or more pages on one side of the sheet, then this is an OO.o function as well as a print driver function. Some print drivers may or may not have this option.

Within OO.o, this option is chosen when the print dialog comes up either under the "Page Layout" tab or under the "General" tab and your operating system print driver also might provide this capability.
If someone posts a fix for your question, then please post a quick thank you and then go to your first post, use the edit button to add [Solved] as the first word of the title so other people can rely on the fix as well.
LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Fedora
dreamquartz

Post by dreamquartz »

Hi Safway,

When printing a Writer document, you can select left and right pages to print in the print pop-up screen.
Therefore enabling 2-sided printing.

That option is not available in Presentation.

Gream
Safway
Volunteer

Post by Safway »

I am using LibreOffice 3.3.3 to do this within Presentation and Writer (both). This is how I do it:

* Ensure my page orientation is how I want it by:
- Format | Page | Page | Orientation

* View the pop-up screen to make sure I have it correctly before wasting paper:
- File | Print | Page-Layout | Layout | Pages per Sheet = 2
If someone posts a fix for your question, then please post a quick thank you and then go to your first post, use the edit button to add [Solved] as the first word of the title so other people can rely on the fix as well.
LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Fedora
dreamquartz

Post by dreamquartz »

Thanks Safway.
That makes sense.

Dream