Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000?

Discuss the presentation application
Knightsabre

Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000?

Post by Knightsabre »

I have just gotten a new Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000. This is a Bluetooth laser mouse with presentation controls on the bottom, along with a visible laser pointer.
I have tried it with PowerPoint, and it works exactly as advertised there.
I am trying to use it with Ooo Impress, but none of the presentation control buttons on the bottom of the mouse will do anything in Impress.

Has anyone gotten one of these mice to work with Impress? If so, what is needed to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Warren
Phil
Volunteer

Re: Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000?

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the community!

Wireless presenters unfortunately do not work with Impress so far.
This is due to the missing support of special shortcuts - see also this thread.

Issue 63236 deals with this problem, so you might want to vote for it to underline its importance.

KR, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
ABCUHG

Post by ABCUHG »

Hi Warren,
Knightsabre wrote:Has anyone gotten one of these mice to work with Impress? If so, what is needed to make it work?
this little tool works perfectly for me: http://www.angermayr.net/download/presente.htm. Simply download http://www.angermayr.net/download/presenter.zip, unzip, run Presenter.exe, and turn on the OpenOffice mode by selecting the corresponding option through right-clicking the Presenter's tray icon.

All the best,

Stephan
Phil
Volunteer

Post by Phil »

Great hint, Stephan! 8-)

Thanks ever so much, also on behalf of the community! :)

Knightsabre (or mods), thanks for adding "[Solved]" at the beginning of the first post title (by using the edit button).

Best regards, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP