Text Bending, How to do it?

Discuss the presentation application
pauldb

Text Bending, How to do it?

Post by pauldb »

I imported a drawing into Impress which had a line of text which in the original Freelance Graphics file was curved in an arc. When displayed in Impress, the text is in a straight line. I want to bend the text line to conform with an curved line in the drawing. I have tried several things, including searching in the help for guidance, but can't find a way to bend the line of text. This is my first attempt to use Impress so I'm certainly a beginner. Any suggestions?
acknak

Re: Text Bending, How to do it?

Post by acknak »

Well... it's a little complicated.

First, try the "Fontwork" gallery: on the Drawing toolbar (bottom of the window), the Fontwork gallery button is towards the right--mine looks like a small "a" in a picture frame. Click that, and see if any of those pre-defined choices will work. Don't worry about the text itself, you can change that in a minute. Just focus on the styles.

If you can use one of them, just click it, then "OK" to insert it. Double-click the new object and you'll be able to edit the text. You should be able to cut and paste from your imported text as well.

If none of the gallery styles will work, we need to do a little work to get more control. Just ask.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
pauldb

Post by pauldb »

I tried the Fontwork gallery, and eventually, I could get what I want. But, I'd rather be able to edit the present line of text, and change it from a straight line of words, to a curved line of words. When I click on this line, a box appears around the entire line with 8 points; three on each end, and two in the middle. I assume this line of words is an object.

I have been able to rotate the line of words, but that isn't what I want. I have tried to use the Points edit function, but I cannot drag one of the end points and cause the line to curve. Instead, it just moves the line, but keeps it straight. Also, I never see the Edit Points Bar, which Help says I should see. Very frustrating.

More help, please.
acknak

Post by acknak »

Try this thread: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=65672.

If you still need help, no problem, just ask.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23